Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Our Friday Night Lights

Around these parts, football and Fridays go together like hot BBQ and cold beer at a tailgate party. And after three years of watching my stepson, Mazi, play for his high school team (and a pretty intense Football 101 For Moms session with his coach), I'm finally starting to actually understand the game—and like it. Which is big. Because I much prefer the TV show Friday Night Lights to actually sitting under real ones. It's amazing what you'll start liking when your kid is involved! (The funnel cake at the concession stand certainly helps!) Here, my favorite shots from Mazi's season opener. Go South!






















post signature

15 comments:

  1. Great photos - I just love football season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Love this time of year--and now I'm hungry for some funnel cake!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are awesome...it looks like a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband played professional football (overseas - Hamburg SeaDevils in Germany and with the NY Giants) so football has always been a HUGE part of our lives. Our son just started his first year of tackle football - they had their first practice on Monday :) I was BEAMING, just watching him run out onto the field {in his *gasp* $200 worth of equipment - sheesh I had no idea it would be so expensive!} lol Those are great photos! This post makes me anticipate the first game even MORE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! I miss going to our local football games. Maybe I'll have to go one of these Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pics! I'm not a big football fan, but there's something magical about the start of a season, and these photos capture that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Football is hard to understand, but its great to be outdoors watching your kids do almost anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, yes I guess it is football season again! I love these photos - they just seem to sum up the whole experience so well. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never know what's going on, but I love Football games. Best wishes for a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,

    The pictures take me back to my days in high school, football season was awesome...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. youve got an amazing camera. these pics look straight from a magazine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Friday night football games..reiminds me of my youth. Ahhh the good ole days...

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind Here

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

wibiya widget